Dive Industry Awards & Recognition given to Dive Funatics
PADI Green Star Awards
The PADI Green Star™ Dive Center Award is granted to PADI Dive Centers and Resorts that demonstrate a dedication to conservation across a wide range of business functions, including water conservation, energy use, environmentally friendly transportation practices, use of sustainable materials, conservation leadership and a donation to conservation through Project AWARE. The Green Star Award identifies dive businesses that care about the environment and are acting to protect it.
100% AWARE Partner
100% AWARE Dive Centers and Resorts are committed to engaging divers in education and conservation efforts, and ensure all their student divers receive the Project AWARE version of the PADI certification card. All donations received support ocean protection efforts and actions worldwide.
2016 Elite Instructor Award
The Elite Instructor Award distinguishes PADI professionals by highlighting their experience as PADI Members and gives them the means to promote their elite status to student divers, potential students, prospective employers and others.
Authorized PADI Dive Resort Status
Dive Funatics S-25403
PADI Dive Resorts are dive operators who cater to vacationing scuba divers and snorkelers with activities like scuba and snorkel instruction, Discover Scuba Diving experiences, guided scuba diving tours, snorkeling excursions and scuba equipment rentals. Other services may include dive equipment sales as well as various watersports activities in addition to scuba diving. Resort dive operators are typically located in resort areas and may be directly affiliated with hotels and resorts offering accommodations to the traveling diver.
PCSSD Accredited Dive Establishment
Philippine Commission on Sports Scuba Diving (PCSSD)
By the virtue of the Letter of Instruction no.745 issued Sept 29, 1978 the Philippine Commission on the Promotion and Development of Sports SCUBA Diving was created by then, Former President Ferdinand E. Marcos.
The Commission is hereby mandated to:
- 1. Promulgate programs and projects geared to the development of the country as a premier diving area in Asia.
- 2. Formulate rules, regulations, safety standards and operating procedures to implement the development of Sports SCUBA Diving.
- 3. The Commission shall undertake studies, researches and surveys for possible incentives to the private sector who may wish to undertake projects and programs beneficial to the development of SCUBA Diving Tourism within the framework of related Presidential Decrees.
- 4. The Commission is expressly directed to formulate and implement programs on marine conservation, particularly those areas of high touristic value.
Strengthened by the Republic Act 9593 – Tourism Policy Act, Section 31:
- 1. Attaching the PCSSD to the Department of Tourism
- 2. Intensifying measures to provide the standard basic dive rules to all levels or kinds of divers
- 3. To regulate SCUBA sports and technical diving in the country
- 4. To coordinate closely with the Office of Tourism Standards and Regulations for accreditation processes