[vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_tour][vc_tta_section title=”What is included” tab_id=”1489113219769-62706b93-ab72″][vc_column_text]
Team teach, learn from our experienced instructors while getting yourself ready to become a PADI MSDT!
After the completion of your Full IDC and successfully passing the IE, you will have the opportunity to earn more than 5 Specialty Instructor Ratings and team teach with us until you become a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT).
MSDT Internship Inclusions
- 30 Days of Internship
- FREE Emergency O2 Specialty Instructor
- FREE Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty Instructor
- FREE Deep Specialty Instructor
- FREE Underwater Photography Specialty Instructor
- FREE Wreck Specialty Instructor
- FREE Night Specialty Instructor
- lunch while on Specialty Instructor training
- tanks, weights, instruction & signed application form
- Dive Funatics IDC Shirt
- add-ons may be selected for total flexibility
Not included, are
- PADI Specialty Application Fees
- PADI Specialty Instructor Course Outlines
- Other Meals, transfers, boat fees, resort fees, refreshments and dive equipment
- PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
- The Business of Diving and your role as an instructor
- Marketing Diving and Sales Counseling
- Attend and participate in all 17 curriculum presentations (8 of these may be done online in advance). There are an additional 2 optional presentations.
- Present at least three evaluated knowledge development teaching presentations and score a 3.5 or higher on at least two presentations.
- Present at least four evaluated confined water teaching presentations and score a 3.4 or higher on at least two presentations.
- Present at least two integrated (two skills each, four total) evaluated open water teaching presentations and score a 3.4 or higher on each skill in at least one of the integrated presentations.
- Demonstrate competence at performing all 20 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation. Candidates must earn 68 total points, with no individual score below 3.
- Perform a face down, nonstop swim for 800 meters/yards using a mask, snorkel and fins.
- Score 75 percent or higher on all five sections of the Dive Theory Exams.
- Score 75 percent or higher on the PADI Systems, Standards and Procedures Exam and have any missed questions reviewed until mastery is achieved. Scores less than 75 percent require a retest.
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or hold a leadership level certification with another recreational diver training organization
- Submit a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months;
- Have been a certified diver for at least six months
- At least 60 logged dives to begin the course, 100 to participate in the IE;
- With a documentation of experience in deep, night and navigation diving
- with a CPR & First Aid training issued in the last 24 months.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may apply. Ask us about it.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”How to proceed” tab_id=”1489287239691-e0390a35-5bed”][vc_column_text]Sign up for the course and get your IDC Crew-Pak which includes other reference materials, like the PADI Guide To Teaching, underwater cue cards, and other materials that you’ll need during the course.
From this page, select the pre-scheduled IDC date and check add-ons and confirm understanding of the inclusions and exclusions. The total are automatically recomputed as you play around with the options. When you are all set, just hit “Book Now” and follow the normal checkout procedure like ordinarily would when making any online transaction (booking a hotel, airline tickets, buying products, etc).[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”PADI IE” tab_id=”1489114576824-cd9c472d-482b”][vc_column_text]The purpose of the IE is to evaluate your knowledge and skills in order to make sure they are sufficient to earn a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certification. It is an evaluation program that tests your teaching ability, dive theory knowledge, water-skills, understanding of the PADI System and attitude and professionalism. The IE is a standardized evaluation conducted by Instructor Examiners who work for the various PADI Offices.
The IE is run by professional PADI Instructor Examiners from the local PADI Regional Headquarters, which goes a long way to ensure that your Instructor assessments are correct and without bias.
You will be tested both on your dive theory and knowledge as well as your personal dive skills and teaching presentations and these will occour in a classroom type environment, additionally these exams take place in both confined (pool) and open water (normally the beach if local dive conditions allow) environments. Confined water environments for the PADI IE is normally restricted to swimming pools to aid administration and logistics.
To pass the IE and to get certified as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor you have to succesfully meet the standards in every section of the Instructor Examination or IE. If you fail at your first attempt at the IE you will be permitted to take a second IE. Your second IE is not allowed to be taken within 5 days of the first and if you wait longer than 1 year after the first one you will need to either take a full IDC again or apply to PADI.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Where we train” tab_id=”1489115331368-87de43a5-869a”][vc_column_text]Unless otherwise arranged or specified, all course training and classroom presentations will be conducted at the Dive Funatics’ 5 Star Facility at Kontiki Marina, Mactan, Cebu, Philippines.
Oxygen Restaurant and Lounge, inside the resort is an ideal place to stay and hang around at in between in-water training sessions. They serve meals at a reasonable price.
Click the image below to see the directional map of the training area.[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”4048″ img_size=”large” onclick=”img_link_large” img_link_target=”_blank” title=”Map / Direction to get to Dive Funatics”][/vc_tta_section] [vc_tta_section title=”Booking / Deposit” tab_id=”1489114802937-93a5b4a7-89e4″][vc_column_text]We require advance booking of at least 1 day before the start of the scheduled IDC. Your booking is only considered confirmed upon payment of the required deposit.
For this course, we require a non-refundable course deposit of P15,000 (plus the materials, if applicable) to secure your seat, and a full payment of the balance on the start of the IDC. We pass on a 5% PayPal charges and bank fees for payments made through PayPal.
We accept credit card payments via PayPal, Bank Transfers, or Cash in PHP and USD only. We do not process credit cards on site.
ATMs, Banks, and Money Changer establishments are very accessible in our area, however, when transacting, be mindful about the daily withdrawal limits imposed by your banks on foreign countries, unfavorable exchange rates, and risks of getting swindled or robbed.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tour][/vc_column][/vc_row]