After a pre-assessment of your instructor-level knowledge of dive theory, exemplary dive skills and role-model presentation techniques, you’ll participate in these sessions:
- Instructor development standards, procedures and curriculum
- How to organize and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course
- The psychology of evaluation and counseling
- Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
Plus, you’ll get to audit an IDC or practice teaching many curriculum components.
As an IDC Staff Instructor, you can independently teach PADI Assistant Instructor courses as well as assist with IDCs and other instructor-level continuing education courses.
To successfully complete a PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course, you must meet the following performance requirements:
- An IDC Staff Instructor Candidate must demonstrate adequate knowledge of diving theory and PADI Systems, standards and procedures by exhibiting acceptable performance on written examinations.
- You will be required to obtain a 85% passing mark on a series of pre-assessment examination.
- You are required to demonstrate mastery of the PADI Skill Evaluation Circuit. To obtain this mastery all skills above a 2.0 and an average of a 4.0 or higher is required.
- An IDC Staff Instructor candidate must demonstrate acceptable performance of an academic teaching presentation.
- This involves orientation of the candidate to PADI IDC policies, procedures and philosophy.
- During this module, you will learn how to objectively evaluate and give positive comments to PADI IDC candidate teaching presentations. Consistency in evaluation and critique along IDC Staff members is vital to enable the IDC candidate to effectively develop teaching skills .Effective and consistent evaluation of candidate teaching presentations is the most important function of a Staff Instructor.
To prepare you for this role, some preliminary training will take place.
- You will see from a staff perspective how a PADI IDC course is conducted and you will be able to see the development of the candidates’ abilities during the Program.
- You observe all IDC training segments, evaluation sessions, and all aspects of staff organization.
You may enroll in the PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course, provided that you have:
- Be a current/renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT);
- Submit a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Sign up for the course and get your CD manual and candidate evaluation slates.
From this page, select the pre-scheduled IDC date and check add-ons and confirm understanding of the inclusions and exclusions. The total are automatically recomputed as you play around with the options. When you are all set, just hit “Book Now” and follow the normal checkout procedure like ordinarily would when making any online transaction (booking a hotel, airline tickets, buying products, etc).
2 days before the start of the IDC.
- Course Orientation
- Systems, Standards and Procedures Exam
- Dive Theory Exam
- Instructor Development Standards, Procedures and Curriculum
- How to Organize and Conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor Course
- Skill Evaluation Preassessment
- Confined Water Teaching Presentation Preassessment 1
- Knowledge Development Presentation Preassessment 1
- The Psychology of Evaluation and Counseling 1
- Evaluating Knowledge Development Teaching Presentations 2
- Evaluating Confined Water Teaching Presentations 2
- Evaluating Open Water Teaching Presentations
Not a DM yet? View Complete DM Packages!