|IDC Staff Schedule|
Outside of IDC Schedule – Mactan/Flexible Sched, Regular (Mactan) – Jan 7 /23, Regular (Mactan) – Mar 3/23, Regular (Mactan) – May 2/23, Regular (Mactan) – Jul 12/23, Regular (Mactan) – Sep 4/23, Regular (Mactan) – Nov 1/23
After a pre-assessment of your instructor-level knowledge of dive theory, exemplary dive skills and role-model presentation techniques, you’ll participate in these sessions:
- Instructor development standards, procedures and curriculum
- How to organize and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course
- The psychology of evaluation and counseling
- Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
Other than that, you’ll get to audit an IDC and practice teaching many curriculum components.
As an IDC Staff Instructor, you can independently teach PADI Assistant Instructor courses as well as assist with IDCs and other instructor-level continuing education courses.
To successfully complete a PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course, you must meet the following performance requirements:
- An IDC Staff Instructor Candidate must demonstrate adequate knowledge of diving theory and PADI Systems, standards and procedures by exhibiting acceptable performance on written examinations.
- You will be required to obtain a 85% passing mark on a series of pre-assessment examination.
- You are required to demonstrate mastery of the PADI Skill Evaluation Circuit. To obtain this mastery, you are required to get at score on all skills above 2.0 and an average of a 4.0.
- An IDC Staff Instructor candidate must demonstrate acceptable performance of an academic teaching presentation.
- This involves orientation of the candidate to PADI IDC policies, procedures and philosophy.
- During this module, you will learn how to objectively evaluate and give positive comments to PADI IDC candidate teaching presentations. Consistency in evaluation and critique along other IDC Staff members is vital to enable the IDC candidate to effectively develop teaching skills. Effective and consistent evaluation of candidate teaching presentations is the most important function of a Staff Instructor.
- To prepare you for this role, some preliminary training will take place.
- You will see from a staff perspective how a PADI IDC course is conducted and you will be able to see the development of the candidates’ abilities during the Program.
- You will observe all IDC training segments, evaluation sessions, and all aspects of staff organization.
You may enroll in the PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course, provided that you are:
- A current/renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT); and
- Able to submit a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Sign up for the course and get your Course Director manual and candidate evaluation slates.
From this page, select the pre-scheduled IDC date and check add-ons you want. After that, confirm your understanding of the inclusions and exclusions. The total amount due will automatically be recomputed as you play around with other options. When you are all set, just hit “Book Now” and follow the normal checkout procedure like you ordinarily would when making any online transaction (booking a hotel, airline tickets, buying products, etc).
2 days before the start of the IDC.
- Course Orientation
- Systems, Standards and Procedures Exam
- Dive Theory Exam
- Instructor Development Standards, Procedures and Curriculum
- How to Organize and Conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor Course
- Skill Evaluation Pre-Assessment
- Confined Water Teaching Presentation Pre-Assessment 1
- Knowledge Development Presentation Pre-Assessment 1
- The Psychology of Evaluation and Counseling 1
- Evaluating Knowledge Development Teaching Presentations 2
- Evaluating Confined Water Teaching Presentations 2
- Evaluating Open Water Teaching Presentations
Not a DM yet? View Complete DM Packages!
PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course
₱25,000 – ₱28,000
IDC Staff Instructors are primary resources and mentors for instructor candidates during instructor training. With this comes a tremendous opportunity to positively affect the attitudes and abilities of the candidates, but it also results in a tremendous responsibility to remain current with PADI Standards and Procedures.
Master Scuba Diver Trainers (MSDTs) who are ready to be excellent role models and agree to use the PADI System and components in their entirety may enroll in an IDC Staff Instructor course.
- Full IDC Audit
- lunch while on training
- tanks, weights, instruction & signed application form
- Dive Funatics IDC Shirt
- add-ons may be selected for total flexibility
Not included, are
- PADI IDC Staff Instructor Application Fees
- PADI Specialty Application Fees
- PADI Course Director Manual
- Candidate Evaluation Slates
- Other Meals, transfers, boat fees, resort fees, refreshments and dive equipment