Open Water Diver (Advanced Plus Package)
This package includes
- 2 in-water training days
- digital course manual sent right after booking confirmation
- resort fees
- use of gear for the duration of the training
- tanks, weights, instruction and certification
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases, they are as follows:
- Knowledge Development ( independent study using your digital manual accessible via your browser or with the use of the PADI Library App on Android or IOS) to understand basic principles of scuba diving;
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills; and
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
This course is designed to be completed in 2 in-water training days. It is important that you complete your independent study prior to the start of your training with us.
Unless otherwise arranged or specified, all course training will be conducted at the house reef of Kontiki Marina, Mactan, Cebu.
Ruby racks / Oxygen bar, a restaurant inside the resort is an ideal place to stay and hang around at in between in-water training sessions. They serve meals at a reasonable price.
Click the image below to see the directional map of the training area.
Map / Direction to get to Dive Funatics
In the event that you cannot meet the minimum requirements for earning certification or completing a portion of your training to move forward to certification, in 2 days, you may choose to:
- extend your training days and conduct remedial sessions to satisfactorily fulfill all performance requirements for the course. The cost of remedial training per day is P3,750 PHP, excluding the rental of specialized equipment listed, but not limited to underwater camera, strobes, oxygen analyzers, etc.
- get certified as PADI Scuba Diver; or
- arrange for another center, instructor to complete the remainder of the required performance requirements to earn your certification
Free accommodation is provided in some courses. Dive Funatics solely has the right, at its discretion, provide suitable accommodation for its students on a sharing arrangement. The room(s) provided are generally for sharing with other students.
You agree to undertake full responsibility for keeping your belongings, documents, and valuables secured. We shall not be held liable for any injuries, damages, losses or claims, whether known and unknown, which arise during or result of your acceptance and availment of the shared accommodation provided as part of this package.
We are committed to low training ratios and does not over-book its classes.
Our commitment to the highest level of quality training and safety is our number one goal. When you schedule a class, confined, or open water training session, you are prohibiting another customer from booking or reserving that spot.
Once you schedule your class, confined, and/or open water training sessions, you may reschedule your training sessions as long as you notify us a week before your scheduled booking with no additional penalties.
Any and every change in schedules made after the 1 week window shall be subject to P2,500 PHP rescheduling / rebooking fee provided that the notification of such change is done not later than 24 hours before the commencement of the booking date, otherwise, the booking is deemed cancelled by the customer.
Rescheduling or rebooking is only permitted within six (6) months from the initial booking date.
We require advance booking of at least 3 days before the start of the in-water training. Your booking is only considered confirmed upon payment of the required deposit.
We require a payment of at least 50% as deposit to confirm your booking. Balance is payable and due on the first day of the training. We pass on a 5% PayPal charges and bank fees for payments made through PayPal.
We accept credit card payments via PayPal, Bank Transfers, or Cash in PHP and USD only. We do not process credit cards on site.
ATMs, Banks, and Money Changer establishments are very accessible in our area, however, when transacting, be mindful about the daily withdrawal limits imposed by your banks on foreign countries, unfavorable exchange rates, and risks of getting swindled or robbed.