Over 30 years ago, Christophe took his first breath underwater in Europe and since that day, diving became his passion.
Before taking a radical career change to work full time in the diving industry, he worked as an International Observer for the United Nations (UNDP), in countries such as Mozambique, Cambodia and South Africa. He was involved in implementation of civil education programs, teaching local people how to conduct, organize elections and implementation of Human Rights.
At the time, they were two things that he was most passionate about – Teaching and diving. He his decision to pursue both passions was made possible by becoming a PADI Instructor, a Scuba Diving Instructor.
According to Christophe, in his own words…
“Working in the diving industry certainly was one of the best decision I have ever done in my life. My PADI Instructor card took me to marvelous places around the world, such as: Mexico, Australia, Europe, Belize, Honduras, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Tunisia, USA California, Egypt, The Philippines, Malaysia, Sipadan, Indonesia, The Maldives, Vietnam, Thailand and all over Europe. During all these years I have made contacts all over the world. These contacts are precious for IDC candidates Diving Internship/Career packages candidates, Scuba Diving Instructor students looking for a Job.”
In 2000, Christophe became a PADI Course Director. He did his Course Director Training Course (CDTC) at PADI Headquarters in California, and from that time he has concentrated on teaching PADI Instructor Level courses and supervising Professional Internship programs, and from then until now, he has continuously received prestigious awards from PADI.
Some of his PADI Awards:
- Platinum PADI Course Director (From 2010 – 2018)
- 2016 Outstanding Contribution for Instructor Development AWARD
- 2011 One Certificate of Recognition for Excellence
- 2010 Outstanding Contribution for Instructor Development AWARD
- 2010 Four Certificates of Recognition for Excellence
- 2008 Two Certificates of Recognition for Excellence
- 2005 Finalist in the PADI Asia Pacific Member Awards for Diver Training
- 2003 Certificate of Recognition for Excellence
- 2002 Outstanding Contribution for Instructor Development AWARD
- 2001 Outstanding Contribution for Instructor Development AWARD
His Diving Qualifications:
- PADI Course Director year 2000 – Headquarter in California, USA
- Medic First Aid Instructor Trainer in 2000
- Emergency First Response Trainer year 2002.
- PADI Specialty Instructor Trainer in more than 20 areas: Care for children, Aware Coral Reef Conservation. Boat, Care For Children, Deep, Digital Underwater Photography, DPV, Drift, DSAT Gas Blender Nitrox and Trimix, EANx, Fish ID, Multi Level, Night Diver, Distinctive Oxygen First Aid, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project Aware, Search & Recovery, Underwater Naturalist, Underwater Navigation, Wreck, Dry suit..
- Sidemount Instructor Trainer
- PADI Self Reliant (solo diver)
- PADI Nitrox Instructor Trainer
- DAN Oxygen Instructor Trainer year 2000
- TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver and Decompression theory year 1997
- CMAS 2 Star Instructor
- ANMP N4
Believe it or not, he continues to log his dives and has logged 5030 dives to date, issued 4890 certifications, and 3,000 of which are instructor level certifications!
Instructor development is not just about passing the IE but more importantly, being able to teach courses well and thoroughly. Most of the time, serious candidates spend a good amount of time researching and finding the most suitable Course Directors to train with. Dive Funatics is lucky and privileged to have Christophe as its Course Director!
If you are looking to do your PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC), look no further. We have the best deal, flexible schedules, wide range of specialty instructor courses to offer, tropical weather in a highly urbanized city, and with a multi-awarded, well respected, 10 year in a row Platinum Course Director one can have as a mentor and trainer.